In the North
Eastern part of Tanzania between Mount Kilimanjaro and the Indian
Ocean, there lies the steeply rising mountains, the Usambara Mountains.
The Usambara Mountains are green and fertile. On these mountains
you can experience all facets of Afrikan rural life and enjoy the
marvellous view of the area.
Numerous historical buildings from the past are
the evidence that Germans and English were favoured with mountains
because of its pleasant climate during the colonial era.
From over distance seen, the mountains are just colourful mosaics
but also their seen is so romantic. During the sunset, the are turns
into a tremendous pallet of unforgettable colours.
Touring on these colourful and romantic mountains will
• to the visit of superb viewpoints on the edge of the mountains;
• a visit to various development projects
in the area from soil conservation, traditional irrigation, cross
breeding, afforestation, heath care–an ideal tour for the
development lovers to see development in process;
• a climb to Kwa Mongo, the mountain home to vast number
• walk through the dense natural forests and along small
rivers that race downhill;
• a view into the history and daily life of the Sambaa farmers
who are habitants of the mountain; and
• a visit to a traditional pottery village.
Touring on these lovely mountains can range from a day walking
tour to several days walking tour which can go up to five days.