Mto Wa Mbu is
situated on the road between Arusha and the National Parks in the
Northern Circuit of Tanzania, at the foot of the Rift Valley. Mto
Wa Mbu is the entry point to Lake Manyara National Park; well-known
tree climbing lions and birds.
Its rapid population growth turned Mto Wa Mbu into a melting pot
of culture. Nowhere else in Tanzania have so many different tribes
gathered in a small area. Many people here still live in the traditional
The various traditional modes of production stand as an example
of this cultural diversity.
At the green Oasis of Mto Wa Mbu, where you can see a mixture of
different Tanzanian cultures, while enjoying the tropical vegetation
at the foot of the Rift Valley you can:
• Have a walk the farms in the green oasis at the foot of
the Rift Valley.
• Climb Balaa Hill from where you can overlook the whole
• View into the culture to the different tribes living in
• Have a trip to Miwaleni Lake and waterfall, where papyrus
plants grows abundantly.
• Visits to development project whose aim is to improve agriculture
and start income generating activities for the farmers.
• A thorough explanation of the irrigation system that keeps
their farms green.